Mr Pankaj Mohindroo
Mr Pankaj Mohindroo is the Chairman of the India Cellular & Electronics Association (ICEA), the apex industry body representing the entire electronics sector in India. ICEA, driven under Mr. Mohindroo exceptional leadership, vision and passion for nation building has a special focus to transform the current electronics manufacturing eco-system in India into establishment of a gigantic and globally envious manufacturing eco-system related to mobile handset and its components as well as the entire electronics eco-system in the country over the next 5-10 years.
Mr Mohindroo strong intent, quest and determination towards establishment of a Trillion Dollar Electronics Industry through establishment of Global scale manufacturing eco-system in India related to the entire electronics sector whether related to consumer electronics, medical electronics, automotive electronics, IoT, emerging technologies, electric vehicles, agricultural electronics, defence electronics, IT hardware and R&D infrastructure to support manufacturing etc. both to cater to the growing requirements of India as well as of the world with a strong focus on exports are well received and acknowledged with strong commitments by the Indian Government and industry stakeholders from various geographies.
Mr Mohindroo is widely respected and honoured amongst the highest political, administrative and industry leadership corridors in India considering his unparalleled contributions and unquenchable spirit to drive forward the Make in India and Digital India flagship programs of the Government of India launched under stewardship of the Honble Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi.
Mr Mohindroo has also been deeply involved in critical policy formulation processes followed both at the highest levels of Central Government and State Government circles on various matters related to investment promotion, regulatory affairs, standards formulation etc. which have remained immensely beneficial both for the industry and the Government during the past one and half decade.
Needless to mention, under Mr Mohindroo unquestionable and clamorous commitments, the mobile handset and its component eco-system in India has witnessed dramatic progress during the past 3-4 years making this as the most outstanding success story under the Make in India program.
Mr. Mohindroo completed his Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from the Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), University of Delhi in the year 1983. All through his career he was an outstandingly bright student having topped the Punjab University twice.
Some of the important portfolios held by Mr. Mohindroo during his professional sojourn include:
- President, Nahar Industrial Enterprises Ltd.
- Chief Executive Officer, Agrani Convergence Ltd.
- Director on Board, Zee Essel Group
- President, Oswal Fats & Oils
- Chairman, I-Mate India Pvt. Ltd.
- Chairman, My Mobile Infomedia Pvt. Ltd.
- General Manager, Goodlass Nerolac Paints Ltd.
Mr. Mohindroo holds several important positions to his credit. To name a few –
- Chairman of the Fast Track Task Force (FTTF), which has been established by the MeitY to promote significant manufacturing activity related to mobile handsets and components in India – production of 500 mn mobile handsets, exports to 120 mn, Rs. 50,000 crs components manufacturing and generating employment for 15 lakhs by 2019.
- Co-founder and Hon. Secretary of Telecom Sector Skill Council (TSSC). For reference TSSC is the skill regulator functioning under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, which is mandated to do skill training for people engaged in the Telecom sector
- Member – Governing Council, Telecom Export Promotion Council (TEPC)