India Cellular and Electronics Association (ICEA) is the apex industry body of mobile and electronics industry comprising of manufacturers, brand owners, technology providers, VAS application & solution providers, distributors and retail chains of mobile handsets and electronics devices.
ICEA is committed to carrying forward its vision of building Indian manufacturing and design eco-system and capabilities in major electronics verticals while consolidating the gains made in the mobile handset and components industry.
ICEA is fully devoted towards improving the competitiveness and growth of the industry by closely working with key stakeholders including the Central and State governments, for creating a robust, globally competitive electronics industry and creating an innovation driven market environment in the country.
Some of the verticals which ICEA is serving and helping build deep manufacturing competencies and capabilities include Consumer Electronics, Telecom & IT equipment, Smart Agriculture, Defence Electronics, LEDs, Automotive Electronics, IT Hardware, emerging technologies, IoTs etc.
Some of the key policy intervention areas, legal and regulatory facilitation where ICEA focuses includes:
- Increase in the size of the domestic electronics industry with major focus on exports
- Development of a robust components eco-system
- Establishment of a robust design eco-system etc.
- Enhancement in value addition
- Favourable policy interventions/ support through close interactions with important stakeholders from the Central Government and State Governments on various issues related to ease of doing etc.
ICEA's core vision is to establish India as a Global Electronics Manufacturing HUB by ensuring facilitation and development of world class manufacturing eco-system through enabling policies and creation of excellent ground level infrastructure. The enhanced manufacturing capabilities will ensure progressive self-sufficiency in meeting our burgeoning demand for electronics goods while dramatically reducing our import burden. The growth of efficient and excellent manufacturing eco-system will also enable a big fillip for new export opportunities by opening up new markets.
ICEA, driven by the exceptional leadership’s vision and passion for nation building, has a special mission to transform the current electronics manufacturing eco-system in India into a gigantic and globally respected manufacturing eco-system over the next 5-10 years.
We ‘Inspire, Enable and Lead’ the creation of a robust electronics industry eco-system while working closely with key stakeholders including the ministries of the central and state governments towards its stated goals
- Draft electronics policy plans sops for rapid hardware manufacture; stable tax regime
- Government waives import duty on 35 capital goods to boost mobile phone manufacturing
- Commerce ministry wants MeitY to expand manufacturing scheme for mobiles
- Indian mobile industry needs competitive tax regime: ICEA
- E-commerce players following predatory pricing, says mobile industry group
- Why India needs a push for gadgets beyond mobile phones to compete globally
ICEA contribution towards make in India
Augue in arcu nullam blandit, id consequat ipsum nec in nunc, in volutpat eget dolor sed sed